Ian Stirling

Richard Conway wrote:
wrote:
firstly, he was washing the car with a jet power spray thing, and i was
painting in the bathroom, i heard water gushing and on looking in the
airing cupboard water was running down the wall,the same wall that all
the wires and plugs etc are on for the heating and hot water,

snip
1) we have a control panel...we bought a new one
2) we thought that the new panel we bought could have been a dud...we
got another one
3) we have also bought a new thermostat...just in case

These people have far too much money in my opinion!

The 'back' can also be damaged by water, and lead to problems.
You may need to replace it.