Ignore this poster. It's a troll.

Van Chocstraw wrote:
Sam Goldwasser wrote:
snip
I'm using exactly that monitor now. It's a great monitor.

Given your symptoms, I'd first suspect a bad connection in the AC input or
power supplies, or just a loose power cord. In my experience, these are
very reliable monitors. The only problem I've seen among three of them was
a dried up capacitor in the vertical output which resulted in only half a
picture.

Do follow the safety advice though!!!

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

Sam, I see you are the author of the FAQ. You are to be commended for a
fine bit of work. I managed to get the main board out safely and am
starting to examine things more closely.

I have a comment regarding the Sony service manual for the CPD-200GS.
On page 2-2 it recommends shorting the anode and the anode cap to
chassis ground or aquadag AFTER removing the anode cap! What's more
there's a diagram that indicates one should NOT slide a screwdriver
under the rubber cap.

Sony's been making CRTs for a long time so it seems strange they would
recommend a dangerous procedure like that. Any cracks or pinholes in
the rubber and you could wind up getting quite a jolt.

VCS