George

"bremen68" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello again......I had previously asked about how to finish a table
that wasn't sealed......had stain, but no seal......

Decided I'm going with Minwax Rub on Poly

Has anyone used it and what did you do to get the best finish....I've
always done poly by going over the piece with steel wool......tacky
cloth......apply first of many coats........allow dry time....steel
wool.......and repeat until done and beautiful......

Any input? Ideas? Advice?

Forget the steel wool. Sand to 320 with the grain, tack, coat. Between
coats, 400 is a good choice, even if you go over a day of dry time. Levels
better than wool, too. If you like, use some mineral spirits as a lube.
Tack well, pay attention that you don't miss spots when applying coats.