HMFIC-1369

Default WAINSCOTING Paint or Stain?

I've completed the disassembly of a mirrored wall in a "dining room". The
attached kitchen is pretty much all white and stainless. with a reddish
floor tile also used in the dining room. I was thinking initially of doing
it in a natural cherry stain. I'm wondering if it'll make it to
"steakhouseish". White would also work. If I use the stain will it make the
room "larger"

? and is there a method of Wainscoting to make the room "Appear Larger".
Basically, The Wall is 138", I sheathed the wall in 3/8 Maple with 4 equal
partitions spaced by 4x1" Maple. Would thicker or thinner make much of a
difference?