Martin H. Eastburn

That is no excuse. That means POOR planning. Underwater/ground power could be there.
High lines brought in from Baton Rouge just for those...
Bunker buildings for the pumps and generators that would run for a week in bunker oil.

I lived on an island that was 500 yards wide, a mile and a half long.
The closest support was over 1000 miles away.

We were hit by Typhoons and tidal waves. We had to prepare. Boats coming
from Hawaii over 2500 N miles would only get there to search for flosom.

Planning for the worst is fact. The liberal Gov. & Mayor for many many many years
has wasted and not planned on much at all. They were hit by one in what '69 ?
and didn't learn enough from it to plan for a worst case.

No leaders would have been better. The people would have at least known.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Cliff wrote:
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:20:12 -0500, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

I still don't understand why they waited to start pumping. Pump while
the water poured into the city.

With the power out?