jk

Artemia Salina wrote:

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 18:16:45 -0700, jk wrote:

Wouldn't it also be a factor that 120 volts is much more commonly
available (and especially around those without much knowledge of
electricity) than 480 volts?

Absolutely

Since I'm posting on the subject of 3 phase power from the utility co.
I'm curious if 3 phase power is more or less expensive per kilowatt hour
than single phase. Is it even a valid comparison?

It depends entirely on your rate schedule. Either could be cheaper.
I have two services, I pay significantly less per kwh for one, than I
do for the other, even though both are 120/240 100A services.

jk