Ben Schofield

Default Kitchen under cabinet lights help/suggestions?

Mark Walters wrote:

My kitchen has some low voltage under cabinet lights that use the small two
pronged bulbs like these - http://tinyurl.com/35744.

One-by-one they're stopping working as the fitting for the bulbs appears to
be working loose. I can get them going again by jiggling the bulbs but they
seem to work loose again when they heat up.

I've tried bending the pins of the bulb further apart to make them stick but
it hasn't helped.

Does anyone have any suggestions how they may be salvaged or recommendations
for alternatives - reusing the transformers if possible but not if it means
using the same type of bulb fittings!

I had exactly the same problem with some fittings from Screwfix. The
only solution I found was to throw the them in the bin, and go and buy
the equivalent items from IKEA. The connectors on these are identical,
so you can re-use the transformer just as you suggest.

Lasting well so far!

Ben.