Bob G.

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:23:08 GMT, "Sacramento Dave"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
It's a 20 years old pool, kidney style, liner but in a very good shape.
in last few months I think I am loosing few inches water every week or
so. Now closing time is close and I am very tight on budget. Do I have
to call "Leak Detections:? Can I totally drain/empty the pool and next
year take care of it? Please advise I am worry what I should do? What's
the best course of action? My pool in is Canada, Ontario.

=============
I would first actually determine that I did in fact have a leak....

I would take a 5 gaoolon bucket and place it in the pool..on a step
etc and fill the bucket with water until the level is equal to that
of the pool.... IF you have a leak of a couple of inches a week...you
will see a difference in the water level inside the bucket and the
pool in a day or so....

Evaporation, can cause a lot of water loss...and since you said over
the last few months ...it may not really be leaking...but with the
bucket you can tell for sure....

If it is leaking I would let her leak down until the loss stops...but
I would NEVER drain the pool and leave it empty over the winter...
the water inside the pool holds the darn pool together...

Bob G.