Mr Fizzion

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 09:07:05 +0100, "Bob Mannix"
wrote:

"TheScullster" wrote in message

"Steve Harvey" said:

I am planning to lay a new laminate floor in my living room shortly. I
have just been told by SWMBO said she does not want to have any "edge
beading" which is used to hide the expansion gaps.

If you are looking for a rustic look, I've seen rope used to good effect
(laid where the bead would be).
Best budget for annual replacement due to dirt collecting though.

Phil

There's only one way to do it properly without beading and that is to remove
the skirting board and refit. To make a neat job you always end up fitting
new back. I do have a patent method for painting the skirting board
afterwards if you are interested.The skirting will be higher but that covers
the edge where you removed it (a good thing if you are not going to
redecorate).

Bob Mannix

Removing the skirting can cause significant damage to the lower part
of the wall if it has been there a long time. I removed a section a
couple of days ago and there's no way I could refit it without a lot
of plaster or filler on bottom of the wall.

(Actually almost anything that is nailed on is hard to remove and
refit!)

Why was it that in the 50s, 60s and 70s they preferred such big
skirting?!

Mr F.