Peter Sheppard

Default Wood Burner with back boiler - heating installation questions

Firstly the wood burner is being installed by a qualified HETAS
engineer, so that is all under control.

It will be used to drive the central heating system and hot water.

My questions relate to the plumbing side.

I already have a hot water cylinder plumbed in to give hot water through
electric heating. It is an indirect cylinder and I have the indirect
coil plumbed "ready" for the woodburner.

However, looking at various web sites there seems to be a requirement
for a radiator in the indirect circuit to act as an additional load
(minimum 1kW). Does this radiator have to be at the same height (more
or less) as the cylinder or can it be lower? The reason I ask is that
(as you would expect) the hot water cylinder is upstairs but I would
like this "load" radiator to be downstairs.

Second question.

What is the physical make up of the back boiler? There are 4 tappings -
two for the hot water circuit and two for the heating circuit - are they
"commoned" inside" (it is not clear from any drawings or explanation).

Again, the reason I ask is that I have all the feed and expansion tanks
set up for the indirect hot water, when that is connected to the
heating, will the heating share the same feed and expansion or do I need
another tank in the loft!

Finally, is there a "best" place for the central heating pump? It is
shown in schematics as being in the return leg of the heating system,
but does it have to be next to the boiler or can it be a distance away?

Thanks in advance.

Peter