John Rumm

Steve Harvey wrote:

What are my options in laying the floor (with skirting boards already in
place) which leave sufficient expansion gaps and also hide the edges of the
floor. I presume that I would need to cut a rebate into the fitted skirting
board... ?? If so what power tool would I need to hire ??

You can get cork strips that can be inserted in the gap to disguise it.
Only really works on lightish colourd floors though.

In a small room you can also get away with a much smaller expansion gap
than the 1cm normally recommended. This gap can them be sealed with
mastic or something elxe flexible.

--
Cheers,

John.