Jois

Arbroath Smokie wrote:
Hi folks,

Just curious where I can find plans to make a basic dolls house for my
two year old daughter.

Thanks

First off all, it isn't the older girls who like Barbie but the younger
ones. I have no idea why. But the Barbies need doll houses an inch taller
per floor than the dolls themselves - IIRC the Barbie doll is 12" tall so
each floor has to be 13" tall for the Barbie to walk around. See
http://www.hobbyworldinc.com/dollplan1.html and "139-467-4 Country House
"Play scale" 1/6" for Barbie dolls. For a two year old girl I would
eliminate the little drawer underneath and eliminate the peaked roof.
Probably would get rid of the front porch, too. I'd put swivel wheels on
boards added to the bottom the stuck out two inches in the front and back
(give the dollhouse a wider base which would be less tippy). If you added a
two inch ridge to the flat top she could store some interesting items up
there.

if you added a strip of plywood down each side of the back you could add two
doors to close the house when not in use and the child could store other
treasures in the house when she got older.

Also see plans like this DOLL HOUSE PLANS FROM BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS
http://www.woodworking-heaven.flower...ts-plans.shtml

But if it's going to be Barbies, then check the ceiling height!

Josie