JR North

I need to remove the tape deck to work on it. How do you remove the
ribbon cables from their teminals? I tried prying the sides out at the
slots, but the cables don't come out. I din't want to damage them. Ideas?
JR

JR North wrote:
Yeah, I know...POS. Emerson VCR755. Don't want to knock myself out here;
the tuner has dropped 50% of the channels but the VCR worked fine. Now,
tape loads,FF,RW,Eject all ok; Play: tape transport arms move 90%,
retract, and the VCR shuts off. The belt is OK. I can't see the geared
idler with the tape in. Pinch roller/capstan contact, but capstan
doesn't run. Don't know if it's supposed to before tape transport
completes. The motor runs back and forth during play initiation, and the
tape does not de-spool, but ends up tensioned normally.
Seems to be a logic error; should I shoot for two at the nearest dumpster?
JR