Big Al

Default dead CTC203

We inherited an RCA F32668 TV (CTC203CA6 chassis), vintage Jan 2001.
But as Dr. McCoy on Star Trek used to say, "It's dead, Jim."

On opening the unit, I found and replaced the blown chassis fuse. On
plugging the set back in, saw bright white sparks from the vicinity of
the fuse. Quickly (too late?) powered off, found that the leads had
melted off the RT14201 thermistor. Tried to power the set back on w/o
the thermistor (based on previous advice that as part of the degauss
circuit, don't really need it), but the TV is still dead.

When the set is plugged in there is line voltage across the fuse, and
about 2 volts across the open thermistor leads.

Thanks in advice for any advice anyone can offer.