David I checked the voltages and they seemed way out of whack so I
replaced the chip but the problem is still there. Do you have any
other ideas or perhaps do you have a schematic of this set you might be
able to share with me? Thanks very much for any further assistance.
Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics

Ooooo. This could be a real buggah. I have the schematics, such
as they are, since this (32" diag.) was only board level repair for
that model.
You have figured out that my posting e-mail is no longer a useable
address. If you can post a fax number I will copy it and transmit it
or give me a mailing address and I will mail you a copy.
Reverse the digits on your fax or your mailing address, or some
such scheme. I'm not good at making and sending electronic copies.
Nothing else comes to mind as far as a fix goes. I have notes for
earlier models ("A" line) with these sort of problems, but it's not the
same circuit we are talking about here. The same IC, but different off
chip schemes.
Finally, a confession: I'm not a master technician. I've just
been around the block so to speak.

David, on the Illinois prairie. Man, did it storm this evening.