Craven Morehead

"SQLit" wrote in message

"Harry" wrote in message
I have a lined in-ground swimming pool - 20 x 40 - holding 28,000
gallons of water.

In the last week it has started losing water - maybe an inch a day. We
have been having dry weather - but this is the first time in a year that
I have had to add make up water.

We are in Tallahassee Florida.

The liner looks like it is in very good shape.

What are some good ways to find where the leak is?

Harry

In ground pool with a liner???? Do you mean plaster?

NO! He means a in-ground pool with a liner. Duh!

If you have no knowledge of these, you shouldn't be giving advice.

Lower the water level below the skimmer in the wall. Place a mark or

suspend
something over the side to accurately measure the level. Check level twice

day.

I had an ingrown pool, concrete and plaster. The 'Black Bottomed' skimmer
developed a leak. It cost me almost a grand to have it replaced.

Ya the hole in the water where all the money goes....