Shaun Eli

One thing someone only barely touched on-- maintaining polarity. In
other words, if the speaker terminals are red and black, make sure that
on both speakers red is connected to red and black to black (or red to
black on both-- they key being consistency).

Otherwise, because bass is pretty much omnidirectional, if you have
polarity reversed, the speakers will be out of phase and the bass from
one speaker will somewhat cancel the bass from the other.

So-- if you're not sure, try switching the leads on ONE speaker and see
if the bass gets stronger or weaker. You're aiming for stronger.

Oh, and all the sales stuff about $5/foot cable-- nonsense. I spoke to
a salesman about it once, and he told me that his wire was specially
made to reduce skin effect-- which is the tendency of wire to have most
of an AC signal travel on the outer edge of the wire, increasing
resistance. I pointed out to him that skin effect wasn't even at all
relevant at 20 megahertz, and the highest frequency running through
speaker wires was around 20 kilohertz (one thousandth of 20 mhz). He
didn't know what to say. I said no thanks.

Shaun Eli
www.BrainChampagne.com
Brain Champagne: Clever Comedy for the Smart Mind (sm)