Greg O

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
The reason for my inquiry. I bought an M-62 (2AA) flashlight with six
LED's made by Accu-power. The light was good and the battery life seemed
very good, but I dropped the light. Just slipped out of my hand and fell
about three feet. The shock killed the LED array. This little bump
wouldn't have done anything to my maglites. I'd like to know if these
LED's are all egg shell fragile or was this an anomaly

That is not my experience. I have dropped my lights from much greater
heights with no damage.
I think you got a lemon, or maybe the Accu-power lights are not as good.
Greg