MTLnews

Anyhow, TomH, check your email... I sent you a link to your service manual.
Good Luck....

On another note, lucky me.... This morning, turn on my TV (SONY KV32S22) to
watch something before leaving for work, and all was fine for about 2
minutes, the picture goes black on the bottom 1/3rd of the screen. the top
2/3rds screen shows black on both sides coming down on a slight v-shape, and
horizontal black lines across the picture that is visible. Within about 30
secs, the screen will turn black, but sound was still there... Power off,
turn back on, and it is fine for about 30 secs, then same thing all over
again...Thought maybe the Video input I was using died, so tried with the
Tuner alone, and it did the same... Damn... I checked the service manual,
but there are way too many test points, and without much previous
experience, no way of easily narrowing it down... Not sure I'm ready or
patient enough to take the try to repair yourself path just yet...I hate to
replace the unit, since the image was very clear, and the unit is about 7
years old... But I don't want to spend $150 for someone to look at it, and
tell me it will cost me another $200 to repair...

Anyone have any ideas on what it may be ?

Regards..
-Tony

"TomH" wrote in message
Hi Tony,

I'm not the original poster, but have a similar problem with
a 7-year-old Sony KV-27V65 (a.k.a. KV-27V35 US Model# ?).

This link seems to describe the problem with my Sony
( http://experts.about.com/q/1749/3834021.htm ), but I'd
like to be more certain before considering spending any
money on it.

Would you please take a look in your collection of PDF's and
see if you've got my set covered? Valid email in my sig.

Thanks,
TomH

--
TomH [ antonomasia at gmail dot com ]