Percival P. Cassidy

Shipping and handling charges are often a racket anyway. Seversl years
ago we ordered (by phone, not on line) a replacement stirrer for a
Hitachi bread machine. The S&H charge was $6 or $7, but the part came by
US Mail in a padded bag with a 57c. stamp.

But one thing I do hate about some online vendors is that you can't find
out the shipping and handling charges until you've entered you name,
address, phone number and card number. At that point you can still bail
out, but that information has all been entered for no good reason.

Perce

On 09/15/05 01:40 pm Roger Taylor tossed the following ingredients into
the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Another common scam, related to this, on internet sales:
Online retailers will hide their "shipping" costs and offer things at
outrageously low prices, pre-shipping, so when you use a price finder such
as shopzilla or priceline, their company comes out on top. Then they gig you
*after* you have made an order. When shopping for a shower radio, all the
online price offers were about 70 bucks for a particular model on Sony. A NY
store offered same at 50 bucks, and of course I bit on it. Somehow they had
the shipping costs disguised from the online invoice, so after I rec'd VISA
bill, there was a hidden 22 dollar shipping cost, making the item 70
dollars, more expensive than all other offers, who had either cheap or free
shipping. Shipping for that item, at most, should have been 5-6 dollars.
Live and Learn!