ben

david lang wrote:
Steve Harvey wrote:
Hi,
I am planning to lay a new laminate floor in my living room
shortly. I have just been told by SWMBO said she does not want to
have any "edge beading" which is used to hide the expansion gaps.

Hi Steve

Only two options really - edge beading or remove & replace the
skirting. Cutting a rebate would be a terrible job, almost impossible
to do IMO.

Pre primed MDF skirting is fairly cheap & easy to use.

Dave

A biscuit jointer would take care of the rebating, however how far off the
floor (for the rebate) it would go is another matter?