abc

There are many sites that explain how to find a leak.
Leak could be in pipes or in liner.
If you are loosing water if pump is OFF, that most likely would mean in
liner.
If it is in pipes, you are not likely to find a leak yourself.
I just had a leak in liner about a month ago.
Took me 3 days to find. Every day I spent 10-15 minutes looking for leak. I
had a food coloring diluted with water and I would drop few drops in water
and check if color is sucked in the wall. You have to make sure that drops
would come very close to suspected place. Later I would just squirt some
colored water under water near suspected places.
You should very carefull check:
1. Around and in underwater light fixtures (that was my problem). Test 3-4
times there.
2. Around skimmer.
4. Where liner changes direction and is more streched.

Good luck

With a bit of luck you can find a leak in liner

"Harry" wrote in message
I have a lined in-ground swimming pool - 20 x 40 - holding 28,000
gallons of water.

In the last week it has started losing water - maybe an inch a day. We
have been having dry weather - but this is the first time in a year that
I have had to add make up water.

We are in Tallahassee Florida.

The liner looks like it is in very good shape.

What are some good ways to find where the leak is?

Harry

PS - What is a swimming pool? A big hole in the ground where you throw
money away.