TomH

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:39:02 -0400, "MTLnews"
wrote:

I have most of the repair manuals for SONY TVs up to about 2003, however as
another poster mentioned, even if you could isolate the problematic
component, you'd have a hard time getting your hands on a replacement part.
It's not like the older TVs where you could just replace a tube, or
capacitor, and away you go...

However the problem on most of these units was the flyback which would
fail... I've heard of one place ( http://www.fultonradio.com/ ) which I
believe you could order a replacement unit from, but they don't come cheap,
quite often around $100 ... I've never dealt with them, but I've heard of
many people ordering from them in other groups..

If you post the model of the TV, I can check and see if your model is in my
growing collection of PDF documents.. At least if I have the shop
manual, you could maybe do some more testing to confirm if it is the
flyback.

Hi Tony,

I'm not the original poster, but have a similar problem with
a 7-year-old Sony KV-27V65 (a.k.a. KV-27V35 US Model# ?).

This link seems to describe the problem with my Sony
( http://experts.about.com/q/1749/3834021.htm ), but I'd
like to be more certain before considering spending any
money on it.

Would you please take a look in your collection of PDF's and
see if you've got my set covered? Valid email in my sig.

Thanks,
TomH

--
TomH [ antonomasia at gmail dot com ]