morgflush

Default removal of chimney breast

i wish to remove a chimney breast at my property.

i am a confident good d i yer and understand the method of introducing
"gallowes brackets"to support the remaining stack.

the only question i have is as follows.

The building regulations state that there must be a 25 mm section of 3
; 1 mortar mix between the ramining stack and the 6 mm seel plate in
top of the brackets. with this in mind at what level do you temporary
support the stack with the steel props. do you bang in the props in
the next couse of bricks above.

if any kind person could give me the answer i will be most gretful.

regards

t.morgan
London