T i m

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 23:36:41 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

Why not Andy? I mean if the chimney is not to be used again then
doesn't it just become a 'riser' ?

How would one get the pipe in there? It can't be plastic,
remenber...

Hmm, I was imagining an access hole made in the face of the chimney in
the loft? The pipe(s) could be fed down from the chimney top before
the pot is shillded (rain cover / vent) ?

Would there have been a reason for this (ie, you can't get the low
profiles any more) or another common example of the 'can't be
bothered, they will never notice, no pride' attitude demonstrated by
many of the trades today?

Can't say I've thought about it.

Well, the next time you are looking at a roof (from the ground), check
out the profile of all the ridge tiles and see if all the houses in
the row look the same? ;-)

A few years ago when our Aga was
installed, we elected to have a conventional flue model because it was
the most convenient for the installation position. The flue runs
directly to the loft, then at an angle following the roof slope and
finally to a ridge tile terminal. The profile follows the existing
tiles and it isn't noticable from the ground.

That's good and my suggestion is that not all roofers / builders
'would bother' / 'are able to source' the correct ridge / hip profile?

All the best ..

T i m