stoutman wrote:
I am a 3-year rookie at furniture making and glue ups still freak me out.

Does anyone else out there freak out during glue ups?

Every time I glue up a piece of furniture I turn into a freaken lunatic and
my wife (my glue up assistant) just looks at me like im insane.

I keep my cool during the other aspects of furniture making and rather enjoy
it, but glue ups....ugg moan.....!!!

Anyone else?

The way I was taught was to do a dry fit and clamp up to identify any
problems first.

Then make notes of what clamping order is required.
Remove the clamps from the dry fit.

Then glue and clamp.

In a very complex setup or if there are problems getting all the clamps
in place I will glue in sections with the other components dry fit to
keep things square.

Use a glue with a reasonable work time.