Mike Cole

Thanks for the link, but I don't have the 618..I have the 616 which doesn't
have variable speed.
wrote in message
oups.com...
A heck of a lot more application with the 616/618. See link for some
experience:

http://www.patwarner.com/dw618pk.html

Mike Cole wrote:
Hiya...
I just bought the Dewalt DW616PK as my first router, and haven't opened
it
yet. I just noticed the Hitachi KM12VC is on sale for about the same
price
with a free orbital sander to boot. The Dewalt isn't a variable speed
unit,
and the Hitachi is. I want to get this right, so some opinions would be
much appreciated. I have read some comments regarding the lack of
variable
speed, and now i'm all convinced that without variable speed, I am going
burn wood and be unhappy with the Dewalt if I use a 1/2 inch bit.

Basically I want a plunge/fixed combo for under $200, and I would like
buy the best one I can for the money. Thanks for any help any of you
could
give me!

Mike C