Chris Lewis

According to Fred :
Pound on the concrete nail on the strip but it only break the concrete or
the nail bend itself. My concrete carbide drill diameter is larger than the
nails. Concrete is old and hard, any suggestions?

You might want to consider "Tapcon" screws. You can buy small packages
of these _with_ the required carbide drill bit from just about any
hardware or big box store for a few bucks.

Hold the tack strip in place, drill the hole, drive in the tapcon.

I'd recommend the ones with the hex heads, not screwdriver heads. Easy
to drive with a socket in your drill. Or even a ratchet wrench.

But improving your technique with the hammer will make things go MUCH
faster. You might find an improvement with a 2 pound or heavier
hammer (small sledge hammer, big ballpeen hammer etc).
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est