Graeme

Default Acrylic or Latex based screed?

"Lobster" wrote in message
om...
"Graeme" wrote in message

I'm going to level an old chipboard bathroom floor prior to fitting

vinyl
tiles. The existing floor is sound but quite uneven. My plan was to use

self-levelling compound then 6mm ply, followed by the tiles. Question:

I'm
pretty sure I need a compound that has some flexibility and one that

isn't
water based, but should I therefor get an acrylic one or a latex one?

And,
where from? Would 47264 from screwfix do the job?

Do you really need to use the self-levelling compound before laying
the ply? I'd have thought that providing you use loads of screws to
hold down the ply (ie, at say 6" spacing in each direction all over
the floor), then the leveller would be overkill?

I'm just aiming for a perfectly flat floor. Without some sort of
filler/levelling compound, the ply will show the undulations that are in the
existing chipboard.