James Sweet

wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
Either the service manual, adjustment manual, or training manual will
specify how to disable the convergence circuit in order to do the
static convergence. It HAS to be done per the correct instructions.
You might need to call the manufacture tech support line to get the
correct information.

If it use to be good and suddenly is off, then there is a fault that
needs repaired.

I will take your advice and call Hitachi tomorrow. I did find something
new though, when using the built in convergence adjust with the remote,
the blue horizontal line will not move either direction. This isn't
normal and has to be part of the malfunction doesn't it? I'll repost
tomorrow. Thanks again.

Probably a bad solder connection on the convergence board or a bad STK IC on
that same board, you're trying to adjust out a fault and now you'll have to
do a full alignment once the fault is fixed rather than just a minor tweak
you'd have had to do before mucking with the static convergence.