Ken Vale

stone wrote:
Is there any difference between burning
wood logs versus burning wood chips from
a large chipper?

It seems like wood chips would burn up faster
and not make as good of a fire as with big logs.

But is this true?

Someone, some where has probably done research
on this very topic.

Thanks.

I couldn't tell you which burns better or faster, but I wonder what
happens if the power goes out. If the power goes out how do more chips
get fed into the fire? Every pellet stove I have seen has had an
electric feeder. Do stoves come with manual feeders? How often do they
need to be fed? Can you get a stove that burns both pellets and logs?
Ken