Andy Hall

Default Makita USA?

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:58:34 +0100, "Jim S"
wrote:

Thanks for all the detailed replies - much appreciated.

I would of never thought of the taxes etc, etc. I was after a decent makita
mitre saw, so unless theres a v.decent discount i think the shipping costs
would be prohibative, but i think if im after something a bit smaller and
the tool is OK for the UK electric supply I will give it a go.

I looked at it when I bought my Makita LS1013 saw and it wasn't worth
doing. This saw, because of the solid engineering is pretty heavy
at 21kg. With shipping cost it was coming out more or less even.

Also, I will probably buy something smaller (to fit in a suitcase) if I go
to the US, but as theres so much to buy at a discount the DIY tools might
come last(the girlfriend!!).

One thing to be aware about is that many airlines are now limiting the
weight of a single checkin item to 30kg, so be careful about shoving
too much into one case.

Thanks again.

Jim

..andy