Thanks a bunch for the reply. Very informative, and I will check them
out. I am capable of searching and ordering components online and have
done so. But FYI, I am having difficulty locating components for this
particular TV. So, usually when I try to cross to NTE, and they don't
have it, I am stuck ordering through Union or Tritronics, and they are
limited in what they carry as far as Hitachi parts go. One of the links
Jurb posted was helpful (carry gobbs of Hitachi replacement parts). I
have searched the web for other Hitachi part suppliers but haven't had
any luck. This is the long story of why I asked what seemed to be a
lazy request. My post was not asking someone to surf the web for a part
for me, but asking if someone familiar with STK's could tell me there
are generics available - yes or no question. I can take ridicule, but I
sure wouldn't bother to take the time to look for a component if I
thought the person asking could do it their self. (unless I was looking
for an excuse to ridicule someone). Jurb, thanks for the links, and I
have your ridicule..........................