quietguy

Depending on how deep your pipe is, one of those garden moisture meters might
help - either just shoeve it into the soil and look for the point at which
moisture is max, or use a post hole digger (2inch) to do holes every foot of
so in the suspect area and measure soil moisture - might work.

David

N Cook wrote:

By excavating pits and freezing the pipe I localised down to a 20 foot run
and then a 10 foot run. I've now dug 2 more pits so about 3 foot
apart in that 10 foot. 3 gallons of water an hour is just disappearing
with no trace emerging along pipe or into holes.

While I wait for more water to freeze in the freezer to
localise a bit more, anyone any ideas for electronically/
audibly trying to localise the leak. A listening stick made from a steel
rod and a wooden drawer knob certainly works against anywhere
on the pipe (thats the problem ,anywhere ,
and much same level) but nothing through the soil

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England