Mary Fisher

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
says...
I have tried all the solvents I can lay my hands on but can't find any
that will remove burned sugar syrup from the white enamel metal
surface of the cooker.

Any remedies?

How about a strong solution of biological washing powder, left for a few
hours?

That would do it, as would plain water, left long enough. They don't
dissolve the carbon but they loosen its grip on the component and can then
be brushed off with a wire brush or steel panscrub. It doesn't take much
effort and is better and cheaper than using any chemical.

Too late for now, I realise, but something to remember for the future.

Mary