Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Peter writes:
I have tried all the solvents I can lay my hands on but can't find any
that will remove burned sugar syrup from the white enamel metal
surface of the cooker.

Any remedies?

Water (better if hot) should dissole it, I would have thought.
Be careful with chemicals (particularly acids) on enamelled
metal, as they will easily destroy the polished surface.

Is there still an obvious residue there which you can feel
if you run your fingers over it, or just visible staining?
If the latter, it may be that the enamel surface had already
been damaged before the sugar was spilt on it.

--
Andrew Gabriel