Dave D

"Stan Shankman" wrote in message
Dave D,

Hey, I did finally read that power-factor FAQ sheet you so nicely pointed
me
to, and yes, it did answer all of my questions.

So, thanks for that!

Glad it helped :-)

I also had the thought of just using a car (or deep cycle) battery with my
unit but upon further reading, discovered that I might have problems that
way with completely dead battery charging. This is so, presumably, because
dead battery presents a larger load to the existing charger. So I'm
wondering if anyone can speak about that issue.

I was going to try that myself a few years ago- I wanted to replace the
existing batteries with car batteries. I think I reached the same conclusion
as you did.

Dave