mac davis

On 17 Sep 2005 17:11:24 -0700, "rickluce" wrote:

Well folks, it's therapy time. I was putting in base boards in my
house. There must be 12 bull nose corners to be done. I set the first
one, the rounded prefab 90 degree outside corner type, and it went
well. The second one did not go so well. Nails were coming out
everywhere, the corners were moving... not lining up. I lost it. One of
those tool throwing moments, however, tools are expensive, and so I
refrained. Just as I was reaching for the cat my wife stepped in and
gave me a verbal smack to the head. I'm now recovering from the lowest
points in a mans life. When he has to call a proffesional to do the
work. I'm reaching out to all you "do it yourselfers", you "woodworking
gods", to give me some words of encouragement. Something positive.
Thank you.

signed,
Pathetic

Sometimes we DIY types forget that NO ONE does everything well... that's why
there are professionals... for the things that we either don't enjoy doing or
are not our thing...

Reflect on a few things that you HAVE done well recently and pay someone to do
the baseboard... they'll do it in a lot less time than you will, and your wife
can't dog you about the quality of the job or the mess you made.. *g*

Bottom line: Don't take life too seriously, you're not going to get out of it
alive...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing