Alan

In message . com,
wrote
Hi Guys

My first post!! After extensive research on the web I am close to
tearing my hair out. I was hoping you could advise me. I live in a
1950's semi with double glazing - wooden floors, cavity wall (not sure
if insulated) and the loft space is not insulated.

12 inches of loft insulation could save around 20 to 30% on heating
bills - or equivalent of adding 20 to 30% more heating. This is probably
the most cost effective first step.

We are situated adjoining farmland and regularly have strong winds
blowing against the house - which seems to find it's way indoors
through the floorboards

Fitted carpets

and somehow even the doubleglazing???? (or it's
my imagination).

Where are the storage heaters? If not under the windows you may find the
cold air flowing downward from the windows makes the room appear to be
colder because you have a cold draft at seating level.

--
Alan