chris French

In message . com,
writes
Hi Guys
My first post!! After extensive research on the web I am close to
tearing my hair out. I was hoping you could advise me. I live in a
1950's semi with double glazing - wooden floors, cavity wall (not sure
if insulated) and the loft space is not insulated.

As others have said some sorting out there is needed.

1) Install oil heating. Roughly £5k. Not so cheap to run I gather.

Alternatively LPG gas fired CH (ones that have the big tanks in the
garden). Neither of these is going to be as cheap to run as a mains gas
CH , but in your case probably one of these is the best option. Will be
cheaper than an electric powered system of some sort

What the hell do I do!?!? I want the house to be warm throughout but to
be able to keep it that way for a reasonable cost.

With draft proofing, insulation and a decent heating system should be
achievable
--
Chris French