Christopher Tidy

Ignoramus6501 wrote:
Very nice pictures, although, obviously, they do not show motor rewind
and such. Congrats!

Thanks. I didn't actually do the rewind myself. There's a guy locally
who does rewinds at very reasonable prices (about half the price of a
new 1/4 hp motor). I didn't quite trust myself to rewind the motor, so I
sent it to him. I can't really take a picture of the inside of the
motor, but I can see it through the cooling vents and it looks good as
new. Sometime I'd like to try rewinding a less important motor, though.

I did all the work on the pump myself and have plenty of pictures of it.
Lots of careful disassembly, cleaning and reassembly with new seals. I'm
amazed that there are still several companies supplying full seal kits
for this pump; it was out of production by 1970.

Chris