r.p.mcmurphy

Rob Morley wrote:
In article . com,
says...
Hi Guys
My first post!! After extensive research on the web I am close to
tearing my hair out. I was hoping you could advise me. I live in a
1950's semi with double glazing - wooden floors, cavity wall (not
sure if insulated) and the loft space is not insulated.

There's a good place to start then.

yep, i agree. spend a decent amount on insulating the loft and have the
wall cavities filled too. then start blocking the draughts, but not all of
them, you need some movement. do you have open fires? if you do and you
use them, it is likly that the hot air going up the chimeny is pulling air
from inside the house and will cause more more draughts to be felt.

then fit an oil fired central heating system.

steve