Arfa Daily

"George" wrote in message
Arfa,

Thanks! I had considered that the units had bumped into the wrong
region format mode, but I've seen mine try to play a weird resolution
of PAL framerate before and it just rolled or had bars at the bottom
or something. I didn't know if it could go B&W from that. I'll check
it, but the owner's were an uncle, and a friend of the uncle. They're
the type who would be extremely lucky if they could figure out how to
navigate through "folder/DVDROM" mode, let alone enter any weird
region commands. ; ) They'd also have told me if they tried.

I guess there is a possibility that the Daewoos can get easily zapped
back to whatever defaults they have, without permission. I've read
that their quality control isn't the greatest, that's why I was hoping
that someone was familiar with the problem.

I didn't bother to check the caps on the power supply board, but I
will, or I can just swap one of the bad video boards with mine, to see
if it works OK (unless someone here thinks that would endanger my good
board).

If anyone has any other suggestions or knows a region or test mode
which would present a skewed black and white composite out, I
appreciate any help.

-Thanks Again!

BTW- Arfa, It's actually one of the short black models with nothing
but the DVD player. The same uncle bought one of the silver Daewoo
players with the built-in VCR, and it was like a whole different
brand. It barely played anything.

You've seen the advert on the telly. In the trade, it reads slightly
differently - a little more like

" Piece of crap ? That'll be the Daewoo ... " ;-)

Arfa