Mike O.

On 17 Sep 2005 17:11:24 -0700, "rickluce"
wrote:

Well folks, it's therapy time. I was putting in base boards in my
house. There must be 12 bull nose corners to be done. I set the first
one, the rounded prefab 90 degree outside corner type, and it went
well. The second one did not go so well. Nails were coming out
everywhere, the corners were moving... not lining up. I lost it. One of
those tool throwing moments, however, tools are expensive, and so I
refrained. Just as I was reaching for the cat my wife stepped in and

I feel for you!
Base is a real pain around those round corners but crown is even
worse! Keep at it. After the 12th one, you'll be pretty good at it.

I'm sure this is no help now but did you know that they make a plastic
square corner that's about 6" tall that solves the problem...? The
sheet rock guys install the bottom square piece and then the round
corner sits on top of it. They are manufactured to fit together and
the whole purpose is to give a square corner for the base board and
still have the round corner up the rest of the wall.

Mike O.