Darrick Burch

George wrote:

Composite out (my usual connection) suddenly appears to have lost sync
or something. The output is now gray and is squashed diagonally over
to one side. Component out seems to be OK, but I have no devices
capable of testing or receiving that (one of the three outputs sends a
properly synced black and white picture to my composite input).

I've seen a similar situation with an Apex DVD player, but found that
the issue was due to the progressive scan setting being enabled
accidentally. For some reason, the progressive scan setting also
affected the scanning of the composite output. There are supposed to be
ways to reset this by a few remote control presses, but I didn't have
the original manual at my disposal. I was eventually able to reset it
by "feeling around" in the setup menus with what little I could discern
from the television's output.

Maybe this is the case for your Daewoo players? Progressive scan
settings seem even more suspect if you say that the compoent out is
working fine on your television; perhaps your television supports
progressive scan?

Anyway, my two cents.
-Darrick