Robert L. Haar

On 2005/9/14 1:28 PM, "Andy Asberry" wrote:

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 22:27:18 -0400, keith wrote:

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 10:12:31 -0700, seniorgeezer wrote:

I just bought a Sears Craftsman radial arm saw at a garage sale.

The model number is 113.199250 ... a 10-inch radial 2 1/2 horaspower
saw with legs. It appears to be in great shape.

One problem though is that the power on-off switch key is missing. Do
you know where I can buy one of the keys to fit the power switch?

I have RAS with the same model number. Try Sears parts since a number of
their stationary power tools used the same key for quite a few years. This
was made by Emerson Tool so you might a key for one of their tools that
would work.

Be very careful with that saw. RAS' are one of the most dangerous tools
in a shop.

Be careful but a RAS is no more dangerous than a table saw if used properly.

Having said that, know where I can get a manual (not sure
mine is the same model)? Mine is 30 years old and I've lost the manual and
can't possible set it up without it. IIRC, Sears stopped publishing the
manuals and recalled the units.

My unit came under a safety campaign that provided a new blade guard and a
replacement work table top. For details, see
http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/index2.htm .

Keith, here are the setup and adjustment pages for my saw. It is not
the same model number as yours but maybe close enough.

http://www.asberry.net/woodworking.htm

IMO, the best book is "Fine Tuning your Radial Arm Saw" by Jon Eakes. This
seems to be out of print but I heard that it is available online.