John Willis

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 21:49:29 GMT, Sherman scribbled
this interesting note:

snip a tale of compressor woe

You've had some good responses, but if I might, when (not if) this
compressor goes south on you, and you are in the market for another,
I'd suggest you spend a bit more money. Harbor Freight is fine for
many things, including a compressor with which to air up basketballs
and car and bicycle tires. If it is a compressor with which you hope
to do much actual work, buy a good one. With excess capacity over and
above what you will be using it for. And I don't mean go to Home Depot
because most all their offerings come from the same kind of Chinese
factory as what you already have.

When I need lots of air, I hook up two or more of the Thomas air
compressors we use in our roofing business. Look them up. They are
made in the USA and they last. The ones we run have no oil, use Teflon
rings, and we've never had a motor burn up. And you can run them
plugged into extension cords. (Although, as the others have already
advised, I prefer using a heavy gauge cord.) These compressors are
rated at 10,000 hours of use between rebuilds. That works out to eight
hours a day, five days a week, for five years. We've never gotten rid
of one of these compressors, although we've thrown away cheaper kinds
like you would find at Harbor Freight or Home Depot!:~)

--
John Willis

(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)