SQLit

"steeda" wrote in message
news:rM_Ve.248448$E95.174472@fed1read01...
Hello,

Today I had my furnace closet abated as it was popcorned from ceiling to
floor.

I decided to place a hidden camera and recorded the entire process.

I was under the impression they contained the area, and then did the work.
My video has them getting inside the closet with scrapers and hoses ( for
water I imagine ), then when done getting the stuff out, they put up the
plastic sheeting ceiling off the closet. After this, the guy pulled out

*my*
vacuum and vacuumed the hallway carpet where the furnace closet is.

Normal?

Misconception about asbestos is that it is dangerous in all situations.
WRONG. Asbestos is dangerous when it becomes "friable" (probably misspelled
that word) or tiny particles in the air. Wetting it down solves that issue.
Scrape, clean up and then vacuum.
I would have thought that they would have used their vacuum with a hepa
filter.

Most of the main water lines in the US are concrete asbestos pipe. You can
drink the fibers just not breath them.