Roger Taylor

"nospambob" wrote in message
Our sink is slowly having more trouble emptying as we run the cold
water out of the hot line in the morning. A plumber took the trap off
and manually chiseled out the gunk in the horizontal section going
into the wall. My knees wont support that type of work so I'm
wondering if there are any other ideas to try. Would ammonia be a
start?

If it is typical hair gunk and grease, you could use any of the commercial
drain cleaners, and see if that helps. I have used Drain-O and other
liquids, with some success. Just follow instructions.