Bob Arens

We have interior and exterior perimeter basement waterproofing with a
sump hole in the concrete basement floor. Can I just put a radon
pumping tube in the sump hole and pump it out throuth the roof. Do I
need to seal around the sump lid to pumping tube to prevent basement
air from being pumped out instead of the sub basement air?
PVR Wrote:
We have a Radon problem. A house up the street has 90 picoCuries
(owners
emit a slight blue glow at night 'g'). The next in line has 40, the
next is
12 and then there is ours, not yet tested.

I have been trying to get info off the 'Net regarding Radon exposures.
So
far the best I have obtained refers to a lifetime of exposure (whatever
that
means). For example, a lifetime exposure of 10 indicates that 18 people
out
of a thousand "could" come down with lung cancer. This is twenty times
the
probability that we could die in a house fire.

As indicated this is all based on a lifetime's exposure. What I need to
know
is the risk of exposure of a much shorter time, say, two years.

Does anyone know of a data source(s) where I can search for the info I
want?
Also is there another NG I should consult?

Peter

--
Bob Arens